Whether you’re a professional writer, novice blogger or just a regular guy or gal with a story to share, we want to hear from you. If you are interested in sharing your “Prodigal Story” with Prodigal Magazine, read below and send us your submission.
We are looking for stories, your stories, real stories of places you’ve been, people you’ve met, and things that have happened that have changed you. Have you walked through something that has taught you, encouraged you, frustrated you, or altered you in some important way?
Maybe the event itself was mundane, but the impact was significant.
Those are the stories we want to hear.
Before you submit, please do a few things:
- Spend some time reading the content on our site to get an idea of the voice and tone we feature at Prodigal
- Make sure your submission falls into one of our five categories
- Read our newly updated Prodigal Writer’s Guidelines
- Include a short bio (less than 100 words)
- Submissions should be 12 point font (something easy to read, please) and all the same size and style. If you have “headings” in your piece, you may bold them, but please don’t bold, highlight, or italicize words or sentences in the middle of paragraphs.
Submissions must be less than 1000 words. Submissions that exceed this word count won’t be considered.
Submissions should be dropped into the body of an e-mail, not attached in a word document (this makes our job easier). They can be e-mailed to email@example.com
NOTE: Although we would love to respond personally to every submission, we simply don’t have the manpower to do so. We thank you for sharing your story with us. We feel honored you would do so. We will contact you if we decide to publish your story.
If you don’t hear from us within 4 weeks, it’s safe to assume we won’t be able to use your piece and you can publish it elsewhere.
You have a story to tell. Will you share your story with us?